Every business needs a strong internet marketing strategy. Law firms are no exception to this rule, especially if they are based in a competitive location. A well-planned strategy will help you establish a brand, build a good reputation, and showcase your expertise. It will attract more leads and ensure you have a strong client base. Digital marketing is a vast field with several techniques but you don’t need to use them all in internet marketing for law firms. An experienced professional will test out different techniques to determine which ones are suitable for this field. Let’s look at the five best internet marketing strategies for law firms:
Modern consumers rely on search engines for everything. If they need a tax lawyer, they’ll search ‘tax lawyer near me’ and then look at the first few results. Prospects will check online ratings and reviews, testimonials, and visit the law firm’s website to get more information. This means their first impression of your brand is rating and reviews. Here’s a look at how you can get good feedback:
- Set up a Google My Business account and list your law firm in local directories as well.
- Ask clients to provide feedback online after the case is resolved.
- Provide review links in your email newsletter campaign.
- Add all review links to your website and social media profiles.
- Ask satisfied clients if they would be willing to provide testimonials. A video testimonial is very impactful but you can choose a text one as well.
You can tell you clients that reviews help lawyers and prospective clients at the same time. Getting positive feedback should be a part of your internet marketing for law firmsbut be prepared to handle criticisms effectively as well.
Get a Good Website
Clients expect almost every business or practice to have a dedicated website. Many will ask for a link to your website inside or your phone or email, which means your reputation can take a hit if you don’t have one. Fortunately, it is easy and affordable to get a good single-page firm website. Here’s a look at the characteristics every business website should have:
- Speed – Make sure your site loads quickly on all browsers and platforms, especially mobile. Most modern internet users expect sites to load in 3 seconds or less.
- Mobile-Friendly – A website should be mobile-friendly and responsive. All links and menus should be clickable and every page should have readable content. Almost all of your traffic will come from mobile devices.
- Modern Design – Looks do matter when it comes to professional websites. You need to make sure yours is modern, visually appealing, and clean. Leave ample white space, use well-made graphics, and ensure sure all your pictures are crisp.
- Website Copy – This is the most important aspect of your site. The copy provides information on your services and helps people become familiar with your firm. It provides first-hand information and allows you to influence a prospective client’s decision.
A strong website is a foundation for internet marketing for law firms. While you can still run a campaign without one, it won’t be as effective.
Publish Informative Content
People online are always on the hunt for information. If they are in any legal difficultly, they will consult the internet before the consult a qualified lawyer. That’s why it is important to publish informative content online regularly. This doesn’t just help people and stop misinformation, but can also help you establish credibility.
Google values websites that provide real, informative content. If you provide value to your target audience, you will climb the search engine ranks and establish a strong base.
Backlinks are one of the most important ranking factors today. If you get links from high-authority websites in your industry, Google is more likely to trust you. Backlinks are also a great way to establish credibility with clients. It will showcase that reputable publications in the industry trust your knowledge and qualifications.
Getting genuine backlinks requires some time and effort, but it is a vital aspect of internet marketing for law firms. Good-quality ones can help cement your reputation and give you some long-term organic traffic.
Set Up an Email Marketing Campaign
An email marketing campaign allows you to communicate with people directly instead of through channels like social media or marketing campaigns. You are in a client’s inbox and reminding them of your presence. A good email marketing campaign is informative and engaging, designed to show that you are available if they need assistance.
It is a good idea to experiment with different options to see which ones work for you. Digital marketing strategies are fully customizable, which means you can tailor them according to your requirements. A good marketer will look at factors like target audience, industry, services, competitors, and other such factors.