Chatbots are innovative tools to interact with your targeted audience in a personalized matter. Ever since their advent, they have become immensely popular for businesses across the globe. Like any software development project, chatbots need to undergo the standard stages of creating a strategy, designing it correctly, developing it as per its purpose, and testing it for performance. It is like mobile and web application development, except for having its unique features to consider.
Strategy for successful chatbot development
Chatbot development services believe in proper and accurate planning before creating the right chatbot. They generally follow these seven steps for creating a successful strategy for chatbot development-
- Begin with the chatbot’s purpose and the desired outcome you expect from it- Define the chatbot’s purpose clearly. The outcome you expect from the bot should be measurable and achievable, like content engagement or the generation of leads.
- Create use cases and develop sample conversation flows- Diagrams will help here. You can display how conversations should unfold and the possible dead-ends along with strategies for re-engagement. This step should involve teamwork. They can help you detect gaps in the thought process. They allow you to generate approaches that are creative that you might have overlooked. Consider API calls needed for enabling personalization for the conversation.
- Establish a knowledge base- This is a critical step, primarily when your chatbot aims to understand natural language. Here, the simple strategy is to imagine your chatbot is a new member of your business team and needs to be trained. Ensure you train it with all the product knowledge and services your business owns. This content must be given to your bot. It can be in the form of FAQs or links.
- Organize all your engagement and content assets- Determine the kind of content that the chatbot will share with the user during a conversation. You should consider documents, buttons, topical GIFs, visual assets, and more for this step. If you consider this step for Facebook Messenger, allow 2 to 3 weeks as the above needs to get approval from Facebook.
- Create a discovery plan for the chatbot– This is an essential step of the strategic plan. Ensure everyone can discover the presence of your chatbot. Mention it in your social media platforms, email campaigns, etc.
- Test the chatbot before you deploy it into the application- Test your chatbot with your Internal team initially. Facebook also gives you the provision to test your chatbot with 2000 users. Making your chatbot available to a broad audience helps you to detect its flaws quicker to fix them.
- Analyze and keep a close watch on the chatbot- Evaluate the performance of your chatbot. Check its engagement metrics and examine those areas that need to be improved. Fix them quickly to promote a satisfying user experience to your audience.
Steps Chatbot Developers Follow after its deployment
The role of a Chatbot Development Company does not end with the deployment of the chatbot. The job is not complete even if the chatbot is live. Developers need to-
- Monitor carefully the first interactions live with real users.
- These first few real-time interactions will give them valuable information.
- From this information, they can get signals as to whether some simple adjustments need to be made or not.
The adjustments generally done involve the wording of the chatbot responses. Developers might need to create follow-up responses to clarification questions users pose to the bot.
The logic of intent classification might need to be adjusted. This can be done with explicit manipulation regarding the rules or via providing additional example sentences.
Experienced chatbot developers suggest businesses should begin small. This is the stage where you are assembling important information about the frequent use cases that are the major ones to cover.
The personality of your chatbot plays a crucial role in brand building
Your chatbot’s primary task is to execute an additional way for your brand and customer interactions. This experience needs to be consistent with all the style elements of your brand. Now the question that arises here is why a business should consider what the chatbot’s personality is and the tone of its voice when creating a strategy for your bot?
Experts in the field say-
- The tone of voice that you use for the chatbot must resonate with your brand’s communication style.
- This tone of voice should meet your customers’ expectations and the targeted audience in the market.
- To add an attractive personality to your business chatbot, you can create an engaging story revolving around your chatbot’s character.
- While creating this story, do not make your chatbot imitate any human being.
- The goal here must be to render the personal touch to the customer interacting with your chatbot.
- When you are creating a script for your chatbot, ensure you keep its personality in mind.
- The messages of your chatbot must convey its temper, behavior, and emotions naturally.
- Embrace the power of artificial intelligence. With AI, chatbots generally have extra room for developing their personality. When this technology is applied, you can effectively open the door to humorous and quirky chatbot replies that your customer will like.
When you are venturing into bot development, ensure you check the competitive landscape well. Though it is challenging to look for inspiration from your competitors, it helps you understand the strategy to build your chatbot better. Last but not least, experiment with as many chatbots as possible irrespective of the industry. With tests, you can examine different conversational interfaces and arrive at an idea you can take the best advantage of with success!
Chatbot Development is not a cumbersome affair if you keep the above steps in mind. Your mission here is to create a chatbot that matches the needs of your business strategy effectively. It should understand what your company values are. The bot must share your business goals to fulfill the purpose of its existence.