Are you not able to send or receive an email on your Microsoft Outlook 2016 application? Chances are your Outlook email client is stuck due to [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc] error which makes it difficult to function all the time.
Not only emails, but it affects all the associated tools such as Calendar, Contacts, task manager, notes tool, and journal logs. It hampers the overall user experience, making it almost impossible to access the application.
This is one kind of error which you’ll find every now and then if you frequently use email clients such as Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook 2016, and Windows Mail. You need to understand what brings [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc] error in your email application :
Reasons that causes [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc] Error
Most of the time the reasons causing this error code are generic. Your Outlook account might clash with other email accounts or there might be some other programming in your computer that clashes with Outlook account. Sometimes, it’s an outdated or a broken version of Outlook you are using, which might cause this error code to come again and again. Let’s give us some highlights:
- An Outdated version of Microsoft Outlook application
- Using Multiple Outlook accounts
- Installed anti-virus that restricts email client software and program
- Unwanted cached and cookies
Solutions to error [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc]
Try the below-mentioned solution to get rid of [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc] error for your Outlook email application.
Solution 1 – Disable all the Outlook Extensions
There are several extensions available on Microsoft Outlook 2016 that blocks our communication on Outlook. However, some of them can cause [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc] because they violate Microsoft licensing terms and conditions. If you have any of those extensions in your Outlook application, you may need to disable. Do the following:
- In the Address bar field in Outlook application, type extensions.
- Scroll down to the list of extensions. Use a toggle to disable the extension, which is currently enabled (enabled extensions are highlighted with blue toggle)
- Close the application and then relaunch it again to see, if it works well.
Solution 2 – Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Outlook 2016
If your outlook email is popping the error [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc], you need to uninstall the email client software and then reinstall it. It is because you might be using an outdated version, which is giving you this error. To uninstall, do the following:
- On your computer, close all applications and tabs.
- Click on the Start menu and then, Settings.
- Click Apps. Under ‘’Apps & features’’, choose to click Microsoft Office 365.
- Click Uninstall. Confirm by clicking the Uninstall button again.
To reinstall Microsoft Outlook 2016, do the following:
- Download the installation file.
- Click Run or Save, if prompted by any Windows permission.
- Now, double click on the download to start the installation process.
- Once Outlook is installed, try using to see if it resolved your error. .
Solution 3 – Clean the Cached data and Cookies
If all the above solution still gives you error [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc], try to clean the web browsing history in the form of cookies that pile up the RAM space, affecting the software as well as hardware components.
We hope, by now you could able to resolve [pii_email_e6af9796c02919183edc] error for your email client service provider. Feel free to reach for all your queries and concerns in the comment section below.