One of the common reasons for voiding checks is to eliminate, remove older dates and outstanding checks. There can also be a situation where you have mistakenly entered the wrong amount in the checks. For such problems, one major question of concerns that pops your mind is, how can you void a check in your QuickBooks online? Here is a step-by-step guide as to how you can void and reissue a bill payment. Make sure the proper guide mentioned here is followed only then you can come up with a proper solution to it.
What is meant by Voiding a Checks?
- When one voids a check online, it simply means that they are canceling the check that was issued which was wrong. The issuer makes sure to issue a new check with proper detail.
- The main and major reason for voiding a check is because the amount entered is wrong or incorrect.
- When the user voids a check there will be a transaction entry made or issued by the user. However, when one voids it, the entry record will be mentioned as $0.
- The other details like payee, memo, as well as check number, will also have a record in the QuickBooks Online account.
QuickBooks Services: Reissue Checks
- There are ample reasons when you will be required to reissue a check-in QuickBooks. In scenarios like this, the case of the damaged check will have users simply printing their check.
- For users who have lost the checks, they will be required to recreate them.
- The process has to be followed for the different situation than merely creating a new check. If a user is facing any situation like this, they are requiring to reissue checks.
Procedures to Void Online Check-in QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks Online.
- Log into your QuickBooks online account.
- Navigate to your menu bat on the top of your screen.
- Choose the option “Accounting” menu.
- Click on Accounts Charts.
- Now, select your bank to which you have mistakenly issued a wrong check.
- Select View Register.
- Search ahead for the check that you wish to void.
- Click the check and then highlight the option, choose from there the “Edit” option.
- You will see a “More” option, choose it.
- After that, you can choose the option “Void” option.
- You will then receive a confirmation message that will ask you to Void a check.
- Select Yes once competed.
Reissuing a check in QuickBooks
- First, you will have to open the original check-in your QuickBooks online and then create a copy of your original number further to void it.
- Reprint your original check but then assign a new check number to your check.
- You will be required to interpret for the check which has unfortunately gone missing.
- This can be done by creating a imitation check and then voiding to confirm there is a balance to the check register.
Reissuing a payroll check in the QuickBooks Online
- From your QuickBooks online menu on the top.
- Choose and navigate to the top and click “Employee and then choose “Employee center”.
- Further click on the name of your employee to whom you wish to make a print of your replacement check that is your “paycheck”.
- Further, click ahead on the Quick Report in your top right corner.
- Then, arrange your dates by changing the date range that has to be included in the date of the paycheck.
Is It Okay to Void a check or Delete a Check-in QuickBooks?
Voiding can change the amount of your transaction and make it to zero, which is not affecting any of the transactions. But it will keep the record of your transaction in QuickBooks, which will remind you that you have made a mistake. While erasing a check, your transaction gets eliminated entirely in your QuickBooks.
This will also be able to remove the bills that are associated with the payment checks. This means you have no transaction history of it. However, it depends upon your convenience, whether you wish to keep the transaction for your remembrance.
These step-by-step guides will be very helpful, which is why you have to follow them clearly to get a good idea. It will make your time using QuickBooks online very simpler and quick. Worry less because this guide will help you void a check and even reissue a new one with ease. With that, using Online QuickBooks will make your time for business and personal expense handling a lot easier.