Buying shares can give you a lot of money apart from being exciting as well. Shares usually give you good returns if you are willing to provide high risks. Gradually shares give you good returns.
In Case you’re wondering How to buy shares or how to buy royal mail shares then you should know some basic things about shares. First of all you should know what shares exactly are.
Stocks usually are small pieces of a company. The stock price also known as the share is the actual value of the corporation. It also reflects the outlook of the company which is further determined by the people who are trading the stock. The inherent characteristics of stocks are that they fluctuate continually and have no kind of set price. Stocks are basically traded on an exchange, for instance the New York Stock Exchange. The typical hours of stock exchange in the NYSE are from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm. The buying and selling of stocks takes place in between these hours. There are still some exceptions to the rule, as some trading does take place outside these hours known as the after hours or the pre market trading.
In order to research the stock and commence trading you will need the ticker symbol of the stock. If the company you are researching is traded publicly then add the word”quote” while searching for that company and you will get the ticker.
The basic job of a ticker is to trade the stock. It is a one to five letter code. After buying the stock you can sell them at a price higher after some time has passed. You are therefore likely to make profit this way. You must remember to learn about the bid/ask spread which is the way how the prices move. You must also read the basics of the stock chart.
Royal Mail plc (RMG) is a leading air delivery & freight services business based in the UK. It opened the day at 213p after a previous close of 216.9p. During the day the price has varied from a low of 211.5p to a high of 216.7p. The latest price was 213.3p. Royal Mail is listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) and employs 109,325 staff. All prices are listed in pence sterling.
It is a UK Industrial company, traded on the LSE under the RMG ticker. It’s valued at $2.5 billion and it is famous as the postal service and courier company in the United Kingdom, originally established in 1516. If you’d like to buy its stocks you need to find a broker that gives you access to the LSE because that’s the main exchange it’s traded on. Royal mail’s market cap was around $2.5 billion at the time of writing, which is March 2019. Check this post: Circacharge UK.
- Find a good online broker- One of the characteristics of an online broker is the exchanges they have access to. Not all brokers allow you to buy shares of Royal mail, simply because they don’t have access to the LSE. Needless to say, you need a broker that gives you access to this exchange.
The next important thing with a broker is that it should fit you as well. Not all brokers allow every citizen to open an account with them; some brokers are super expensive if you just want to buy a couple of Royal mail shares every once in a while, some brokers can be absolutely free.
- Open your brokerage-After finding your online broker, you need to open an account. This is much like a regular bank account and opening one is usually a fully online process. At some brokers it’s as quick as opening a new Gmail account, at some brokers it takes a couple of days until they do some background check on you. Instead of storing money on it you will store your shares on this though, so you definitely need this to buy Royal mail shares and to store them.
- Deposit money into your account-You will pay cash to buy those Royal mail stocks. This cash first needs to be sent (deposited) to your broker. This is usually super easy and quick, actually even easier than opening your brokerage account.The most common way you can deposit your money is bank transfer and using credit/debit card.
- Buy the royal mail share-You have the account, the cash, and the share target. The last step is to press the buy button! You log in to your online brokerage, search for Royal mail share, insert the number of shares you wish to buy, and click buy, which will initiate the purchase of shares. A couple of hints around this: when placing an order, you can choose from different order types. The market order buys at the actual market price, while the limit order allows you to specify the exact price at which you want to buy the share.
- Review your position regularly- You are not finished after you purchased your Royal mail stock. Now it is key to monitor your investments. This basically means following your investment strategy. If you bought the Royal mail share for holding it for a longer term, you might participate in the annual meeting and collect all the news and information about the company.
It is a year since the UK government sold a 60% stake in Royal Mail through an Initial Public Offering on the London Stock Exchange. More than 700,000 members of the public bought shares at a launch price of £3.30. The price soared by over 40% on the first day of trading, and continued to rise over the next few months, reaching a peak of £6.15 in January this year. Since then, the share price has fallen significantly. It currently stands at around £4, still well above the initial launch price but over a third lower than its January peak.